mailing list static site
smarcgenerates a static web archive from a maildir incrementally.
The arguments are as follows:
- Cache directory used for keeping track of threads during incremental updates. Defaults to ~/.cache/smarc
- Use n jobs to export threads. With big mailing lists and on a multiprocessor machine this can save quite some time.
- Source maildir. Defaults to ~/Mail/smarc.
- The destination directory where the HTML files will be written to, it's /var/www/smarc by default.
- Path to a directory containing the template files. /etc/smarc by default.
- Template with the trailing part of the page.
- Template with the first part of the page.
TITLEis substituted with the title.
- Template with the title for index pages.
PAGEis replaced with the page number and
SUBTITLEwith the date range.
- Small version of the logo, included in the thread header.
- Template for the search form.
QUERYis replaced with the search query.
- Default output directory.
- Default cache directory.
- Default maildir.
smarc started as a hacky collection of
perl scripts under the name of ‘gotmarc’ to generate a web
archive for the Game of Trees mailing list. Only later, while still being a
hacky collection of perl and shell scripts, was converted to be a generic
web mailing list archive tool and the project renamed.
smarc utility was written by